The Greater Wyoming Valley Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the 2021 Young Professionals of the Year Awards.
This year, we are accepting nominations for the following individual categories:
- Intern of the Year- Student who has shown excellence in their internship program, including for credit and not for credit, ranging from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
- Educator of the Year – Teacher, administrator, professor, tutor or childcare educator who has shown excellence in the field of education
- Trailblazer of the Year- A Young Professional who has shown excellence in bringing innovative ideas to life and taking creative risks by inventing or expanding a product, service, or initiative that enhances the quality of life in our region.
- Small Business Owner of the Year- Small business owner or Entrepreneur who has shown excellence and innovation in running and maintaining their own small business(es) with under 25 employees.
- STEAM Professional of the Year – Individual who exemplifies excellence in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Examples of past nominations include: Technicians, Engineers, Designers, Illustrators, Animators
- Hero of the Year- First responder, military personnel, or individual who has demonstrated heroic actions or efforts in the community
- Cultural Champion of the Year – Individual who has demonstrated excellence as an advocate for the arts and culture in the community
- Voluntary Leader of the Year – Individual who exemplifies excellence in volunteer service in Northeast Pennsylvania
- NEPA Influencer of the Year – Individual who promotes Northeast Pennsylvania by raising awareness about the qualities that make our region a great place to live, work, and play
- Young Professional Women’s Leadership Award – This award is from the Athena® International organization to recognize an exceptional individual who demonstrates the highest level of professional excellence in her business or profession, has devoted time and energy to the community in a meaningful way, and, most especially, has generously assisted other women in attaining their full potential.