Faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate colleagues for the annual President’s Awards for Excellence, which recognize outstanding achievements of those who have gone above and beyond to serve Wilkes.
You may nominate full- or part-time faculty or staff members who exemplify the core values of Wilkes University:
- Exceptional Mentorship – This award recognizes a member of the community who has exemplified mentorship. Mentorship may include academic advising, mentoring, coaching, and all other manner of support for students.
- Outstanding Scholarship – This award recognizes a member of the community who has contributed significantly to their field. Scholarship may include traditional research, scholarship, and contributions to fields and professions outside of academic areas.
- Exceptional Contributions to Diversity – This award recognizes a member of the community who has contributed significantly to advancing the inclusivity of the Wilkes community. Diversity is defined broadly and there can be myriad ways in which a member of the community exemplifies this core value.
- Outstanding Innovation – This award recognizes a member of the community who has demonstrated creative problem-solving or seized an opportunity that has resulted in enriched experiences for students, faculty, and staff, as well as positive improvements for the future of Wilkes.
- Community Building – This award recognizes a member of the community who has made a lasting impact on the campus through team-building, collaboration and/or role-modeling.
To streamline and simplify the nomination process, we have developed a nomination form for your use. All nominations must be received by close of business on Wednesday, July 21, for review by the senior leadership team. Award recipients will be notified in early-August.
This year’s award winners will be recognized at an in-person Fall Convocation at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 25. More details about Convocation, including a location, will be provided in the coming weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize those on campus who embody the values that make Wilkes such a remarkable place. If you have any questions about the President’s Awards or Convocation, please contact Bridget Giunta in the President’s Office.