Are you a sophomore or junior interested in an international internship next summer?
A unique opportunity is available for exceptional U.S. undergraduate students through the Fulbright Canada-Mitacs Globalink internship program in Canada during the 2022 summer semester.
This program will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to be part of a 10- to 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, including science, engineering, mathematics, humanities and social sciences. The application deadline is FRIDAY, OCT. 15 2021.
Fulbright Canada – Mitacs Globalink Program Summary
- U.S. students will come to Canada to undertake advanced research projects.
- Projects will cover a broad cross-section of research topics including most academic disciplines.
- Students will spend 10 to 12 weeks (May – Aug. 2022) in Canada on a research project in their area of interest.
- Students will be placed at a Canadian university and undertake a supervised research project.
- Students will have extensive opportunities for cultural, social, and recreational experiences.
Participants in this program must:
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university in the U.S.
- be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport
- have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of fall 2022 (this program is not suitable for first-year or last-year students; ideal candidates will have finished their third year in the year they are doing their internship)
- have a competitive grade point average
- be available to spend between 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August
- apply by October 15, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST
- Email for Information requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program website and application instructions are available here.
- Register here for the Sept 23 Fulbright-MITACS Globalink Webinar– Submit a competitive application.
- Although you do not need to select a project at this stage, unless you proceed to the second round, here is the list of available projects here (note: disregard the Sept deadline).
Questions? Contact the Wilkes Fulbright Program Adviser, Gina Zanolini Morrison, at email@example.com