Submitted by: Jim Reed
- The Walgreens Corporate Pharmacy Internship is returning Summer 2022 for twelve weeks at our Support Office and company headquarters in Deerfield, IL.
- Corporate pharmacy interns support the Pharmacy and Retail Operations division in day-to-day functions and assignments while gaining a behind-the-scenes look at how pharmacy operations run at one of the nation’s largest community pharmacy companies.
- Interns are responsible for supporting and generating innovative ideas to support the field, completion of one major project to be presented to select members of leadership, and more.
- Past business units available for students to gain experience have included Patient Safety, Adherence and Outcomes, Professional Affairs, Third Party Operations, Specialty Pharmacy, Electronic Prescribing, Pharmacy Integrity, Immunizations, and more.
- Required qualifications include: Current pharmacy student with expected graduation in 2023 or 2024, minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and availability between May 23 through August 12, 2022 (time off permitted for any school requirements such as IPPE assignments).
- Preferred qualifications include: Current Walgreens team member (e.g. licensed pharmacy technician/intern), demonstrated leadership within pharmacy school or community, member of a professional pharmacy organization, and professional interest in management and/or business.