Have you implemented some new technologies in your classes that are having a positive impact either on your teaching or on your students? Have you changed the way you are teaching to adapt to the changing environment and found your students are more engaged, achieving better outcomes or just more prepared?
If so, we invite you to share what you are doing with your colleagues at during Teaching with Technology 2022.
The Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL) is looking for faculty presenters for our annual Teaching with Technology event. Sessions will be held on Wednesdays starting June 29. After a break on July 6, sessions will resume July 13, and run through Aug. 10.
TWT topics can include more than you might think. Here are some ideas to spur your creative juices:
- How you redesigned a course to be more flexible and meet students’ needs
- How you implemented a new active teaching strategy or tech tool
- Share tips for effective online teaching
- Share strategies you found to make synchronous class sessions more engaging
- Share your research on teaching strategies or technology
- Get a panel of faculty together to discuss how they dealt with a particular challenge or implemented a particular tool or solution
Any ideas related to teaching and learning are welcome!
Please consider sharing what you are doing at our growing annual event. It’s a great opportunity to collaborate with your colleagues and highlight your classroom innovations. Plus, your colleagues are interested in hearing what you are doing!
In response to the positive feedback on the new format we tested last year, we will continue the one day per week for six weeks as opposed to the week-long format used in the past.
Sessions will be scheduled Wednesdays between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Presenters can indicate their preferences for time slot, format and delivery mode (Zoom webinar or in-person). More details are provided on the submission form.
Submit your presentation proposals here. You must be signed in to your Wilkes account to access the form. Submissions are due by Thursday, March 31.
Questions? Please contact Kristine Pruett at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4676.