Submitted by: Dr. Troy Lewis
This year marks the 4th year our Nesbitt School of Pharmacy has participated in the Script Your Future (SYF) Challenge!
This year we completed ~50 events and activities within the community!
We had a total of 205 volunteers, 378 volunteer hours, and we directly counseled 1,184 patients!
Our various social media, newsletters, articles and other sources of media totaled to 2 evidence-based articles on a pharmacy webpage, 5 newsletters/articles, 40+ social media posts, 801 social media likes, and 58,231 total post views ! WOW!
We were even able to create an adherence questionnaire for Highmark Health to impact patients across PA, WV, NY, and DE, as well as a physician-based prescribing guide on COVID-19 antivirals that was embedded within an entire healthcare system’s electronic healthcare record!
We were able to directly reach 835 patients who belonged to an underserved population or to a special population such as children/adolescents and elderly patients.
It is crazy to think that we did this all in 2 short months!
This competition takes an army and we sure have a strong one 🙂
We could not have done this without you all!
A special shout out to…
• Our SYF Student Leaders: Stephanie Hauser and Abbey McCabe
• Our SYF Social Media Representative: Bree Polascik
• Our SYF Reporting Representatives: Zachary Niemic , Abby Keating, Joclyn Day
• Our SYF Video Creators: Dev Kothari and Alexandra DeMar
• Our SYF COVID-19 Antiviral Ambassadors: Emily Yesner and Gillian Dudeck
• Our SYF Faculty Preceptors: Dr. Danielle Kieck, Dr. Adam VanWert, Dr. Kimmy Nguyen, Dr. Nicole Pezzino, and Dr. Letitia Warunek
• Our SYF Alumni Preceptor: Dr. Cody Morcom
• All of the NSoP clubs and organizations who participated with SYF this year! We appreciate all of the time, coordination, and planning you completed to make this year the best one yet! Thank you for making us part of your pre-planned events!
• All P1 to P4 student volunteers who created Tiktoks, infographics, presented posters, developed adherence questionnaires, took blood pressures, handed out Pledge Cards, wrote articles, participated in events, and overall dedicated your time and energy during a busy school year to improve patient adherence, vaccine confidence, and safe medication disposal!
We will find out the results in July! Stay tuned (and fingers crossed).
Thank you all!
Dr. Troy Lynn Lewis (SYF Faculty Advisor)