Wilkes University will take steps to reduce our energy usage on campus on Thursday, June 30.
Campus Support Services will reduce physical plant mechanical loads (pumps, HVAC, etc.) without compromising the health and safety of personnel, physical plant assets or designated special requirements.
Campus community members, here’s how you can help:
- Turn off all non-vital or unused equipment such as coffee pots, personal fans, lab equipment, radios, etc.
- Turn off any printers, monitors and computers not being used during this period.
- Turn off all lights in unoccupied rooms and reduce lighting where possible.
- Close window blinds or shades.
- Keep windows closed. Opening the windows will allow heat and humidity into the building and increase the length of time for the building to cool once the air conditioning resumes.
Please remind your fellow staff members to take these steps. These efforts will significantly improve our ability to successfully reach the desired electrical load shedding.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Questions? Please contact Charles Cary at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org.