The Fulbright Canada- Mitacs Globalink internship program allows exceptional U.S. undergraduate students to do an internship in Canada during the 2023 summer semester.
This program will provide undergraduate students with the opportunity to be part of a 10 to 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in various academic disciplines, including science, engineering, mathematics, humanities and social sciences.
Mitacs, Fulbright’s partner in this initiative, is a federally funded, national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for some 20 years. Working with 70 universities, 6,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, supporting industrial and social innovation in Canada.
Applications will open the first week of August and the deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2022.
To apply, students must provide:
- a completed application online form;
- unofficial transcripts from their home university or college;
- a two-page Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- two letters of reference – see submission details here;
- a one-page personal statement- no final project needs to be identified.
- For promotional purposes, please see the program brochure here.
- Program website and application instructions are available here.
- See here the 2021 Fulbright-MITACS Globalink Webinar– Disregard the dates in the video since this is a webinar from last year’s competition.
- You can see examples of available projects here (disregard the deadline mentioned). You do not need to select a project at this stage. Should you be selected, you will choose the project(s) of your interest in a second round.
- Here you can find stories from former Globalink recipients.