Today@Wilkes is THE place to share everything that’s happening on campus.
To keep getting great stories and event announcements to you as soon as possible, the Marketing Communications team has revamped the submission process so that Today@Wilkes is an automated daily digest based on the news you wish to share.
The new submission process will begin on Monday, Sept. 19. Please make sure you’re ready to get the word out with these submission guidelines:
- Bookmark the Today@Wilkes Submission Form so it’s always right at your fingertips.
- Complete the following fields:
- Your Email – Be sure to use your wilkes.edu account.
- Post Title – Think of this as your headline.
- Post Category – Click “Please select a category” to choose Faculty and Staff, Students or both.
- Text Box – You can cut and paste your announcement or type it directly into this box. It’s WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). Keep it simple or get fancy with the buttons above the text box. It’s up to you. (You’ll also notice a button if you need to include a web link in your announcement.)
- Upload an image – Use the “Choose File” button if you want to include a photo or graphic (.jpeg or .png only) with your announcement.
- Proof your message for spelling, grammar and accuracy. (The posts will not be edited and will appear exactly as submitted.)
- Hit the “Submit Post” button on the bottom and you’re done!
If you have an announcement for Today@Wilkes, please submit it no later than 11 p.m. the previous day.
To make your announcement as effective as possible, please include the following:
- Who | The name of your department, club or organization
- What | The name of your event
- When | The day of the week, month, date and time of your event
- Where | The location of your event
- Why | The purpose of your event
You should also include any cost associated with the event, any required registration, deadlines, etc. You want people to participate, so make it easy for them.
Finally, be sure to include a contact name and wilkes.edu email in the body of the announcement for any questions.
Here’s an example:
The Wilkes Comedy Club will hold an Open Mic Night at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 8, in the Ballroom of the Henry Student Center. Tickets are $5.
All proceeds from the Open Mic Night will support people born without a funny bone.
To reserve your tickets or to sign up for some stand up, go to www.wilkes.edu/comedy no later than Friday, Feb. 15.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some important things to remember:
- Today@Wilkes is designed for members of the Wilkes community to share campus and local happenings, but it’s not a place to advertise for private businesses.
- Only newly posted events will appear in the daily Today@Wilkes email, though you can visit and bookmark today.wilkes.edu to check out previous submissions. If you want people to know about a future event, consider a Save the Date followed by another announcement or two as the event gets closer.
- Please proofread your announcement and make sure it contains all necessary details. Announcements will be reviewed, but not edited, so they will be published exactly as submitted. If Today@Wilkes is not the right spot to promote your event or if you’re missing major details, it may be pulled from the email list.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing your events to keep the Wilkes community informed and engaged!