Do you love Wilkes? Are you interested in having fun while maximizing your experiences on campus? If you said yes to these questions, the President’s Office invites you to apply to become a Presidential Student Leader.
Presidential Student Leaders will be an extension of the President’s Office, working alongside Dr. Cant, Mrs. Cant, Bridget Giunta and University leaders on events and activities important to Wilkes.
As a Presidential Student Leader, you will deepen your connection to Wilkes while gaining valuable leadership and professional development experiences. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
– Serving as a representative of the Wilkes President’s Office and student body at events on campus and in the community;
– Networking with alumni, donors, business leaders and friends of Wilkes; and
– Sharing feedback and ideas on current or future projects and initiatives
(Plus, you’ll get special Wilkes nametags, business cards and attire to wear at events!).
– Participate in regularly scheduled meetings/gatherings of the Presidential Student Leaders
– Staff/attend 3-5 events throughout the academic year
– Hold at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and be in good disciplinary standing with the Office of Student Affairs
– Assist with event prep or take photos for social media at events as necessary
– Share feedback and ideas
Students who will be sophomores, juniors/P1s, seniors/P2s or P3s at the start of the 2023-2024 academic year (August 2023) are asked to complete and submit this form below by Wednesday, April 15th. Applications will be reviewed by the President’s Office and members of the University’s leadership team. Qualified candidates will then be invited to participate in interviews with President’s Office staff. Approximately 15 successful candidates will be notified during the week of May 1st. The group will begin meeting regularly at the start of the 2023-2024 academic year.
If you have any questions about the program or application process, please contact Bridget Giunta, executive assistant to the president, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-262-0710 (texts are welcome).